QTREE - Query on a tree
You are given a tree (an acyclic undirected connected graph) with N nodes, and edges numbered 1, 2, 3...N-1.
We will ask you to perfrom some instructions of the following form:
- CHANGE i ti : change the cost of the i-th edge to ti
- QUERY a b : ask for the maximum edge cost on the path from node a to node b
The first line of input contains an integer t, the number of test cases (t <= 20). t test cases follow.
For each test case:
- In the first line there is an integer N (N <= 10000),
- In the next N-1 lines, the i-th line describes the i-th edge: a line with three integers a b c denotes an edge between a, b of cost c (c <= 1000000),
- The next lines contain instructions "CHANGE i ti" or "QUERY a b",
- The end of each test case is signified by the string "DONE".
There is one blank line between successive tests.
For each "QUERY" operation, write one integer representing its result.
Input: 1 3 1 2 1 2 3 2 QUERY 1 2 CHANGE 1 3 QUERY 1 2 DONE Output: 1 3
200+ lines of code...
Are nodes numbered from 1...N as well?
Don't make the class, struct in c++ for hld.
if you're getting rte like I was, remember to clear all your maps, adjacency lists, before each test case. Also reset preorder/incrementing variables. pretty annoying stuff, having to deal with multiple test cases
Last edit: 2018-08-02 22:16:43
I pass in c++ with standard library min/max functions...
Finally, I did it, after 17 times
Time limit is too strict.
|Added by:||Thanh-Vy Hua|
|Cluster:||Cube (Intel G860)|
|Languages:||ADA95 ASM32 BASH BF C CSHARP CPP CLPS LISP clisp LISP sbcl D FORTRAN HASK ICON ICK JAVA LUA NEM NICE OCAML PAS-GPC PAS-FPC PERL PHP PIKE PRLG-swi PYTHON RUBY SCM guile SCM qobi ST TEXT WHITESPACE|